Tuesday, September 1, 2009
* 10 apples, cored, peeled and sliced thin
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
* 1 dash salt
* 1 dash nutmeg
* fresh whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
1. Place cut and peeled apples in a mixing bowl and gently mix all the ingredients together.
2. Put apples in a non-stick pan, and cook covered for 45 minutes at 375°F.
3. Stir at least once every 15 minutes.
4. Once they are soft, cook for another few minutes to thicken the cinnamon sauce.
5. I like to put everything into my baking dish and then mix it since there is less to clean up.